To facilitate healing and wholeness through self awareness and transformation.
Yoga Teaching Experience
- Yoga Instructor
- Certified Rest and Renew Teacher. Certified Integrated Ayurvedic Practitioner and Advanced Yoga Teacher. E-RYT 500. 200 CYT. Domestic Violence Advocate. Retired Certified Level One ParaYoga® Instructor.
- Teaches Tantra Hatha, Tantra Vinyasa, vinyasa, yoga for actors and musicians, prenatal, gentle, restorative, intro and basic yoga, yoga therapy, meditation, pranayama; volunteer teaches to domestic violence survivors and to prenatal inmates. Leads teacher trainings in Yoga Nidra: Guided Relaxation, Subtle Body Yoga. Leads workshops on prana vayus, tantric meditation, intro to tantra, low back and hips, mantra, sankalpa, tantric restorative, and more.
- Daoist Taiji and Meditation
Studied with Patrick Kelly in Shanghai, China
- Yoga Anatomy
Studied with Nathan Paulus
- Brain, Mind & Body in the Healing of Trauma
Studied with Bessel A. van der Kolk, M.D.
- Mudra Yoga in the Vajrayana Buddhist lineage of Nepal
Studied with Prajwal Ratna Vajracharya
- 13 Hour Teacher Training: Trauma-Informed Yoga Training – Yoga, Sexual Violence and the Physiology of Resilience
Studied with Molly Boeder Harris
- Tantrik Practices for Women
Studied with Yoli Maya Yeh
- Yoga Therapy Training Weekend
Studied with Gary Kraftsow
- 20 Hour Teacher Training: Yoga for Seniors
Studied with Gabriel Halpern
- 40 Hour Domestic Violence Advocacy Training,
- Rest and Renew Restorative Yoga Training
Studied with Judith Lasater
- RYT 500 Hour Teacher Training: Darshan Center
Studied with Jim Kulackoski
- 25 Hour Yoga Nidra Teacher Training
Studied with Rolk Solvik
- RYT 500 Hour Teacher Training: ParaYoga
Studied with with Rod Stryker
- Registered Teacher Training: Children’s Yoga
Studied with Mira Binzen from Global Family Yoga
- CYT 200 Hour Teacher Training: Yogaview Studio
Studied with Tom Quinn, Quinn Kearney, Geri Bleier, Claire Mark
- 31.5 Hour Teacher Training: Purna Yoga
Studied with Aadil Palkhivala
- 14 Day Self Transformation Program: Himalayan Institute
Studied meditation, yoga, philosophy, therapy with resident and guest teachers
- Workshops: Pandit Rajmani Tigunait, Gary Kraftsow, Aadil Palkhivala, Shiva Rea, Barbara Benagh, Mitchell Bleier, Anna Forrest, Swami Shankardev, Rolf Solvik, Dr. Robert Svoboda, Dharma Mittra, Leslie Kaminoff, Mark Whitwell, Jim Bennitt, Gabriel Halpern, Breena Geehan, Nicholai Bachman, Saul David Raye, Kia Miller, Nina Rao, Ed Shapiro, James Boag, Chase Bosart, Wendy Doniger, Arjia Rinpoche, Sandra Anderson, Shari Friedriksen, Molly Boeder, Prajwal Ratna Vajracharya, Bessel A. van der Kolk, M.D.
Additional Yoga Experience
- Yoga Teacher: Yoga for Recovery
Volunteer instructs prenatal inmates in Cook County Prison
- Yoga Program Developer for KANWIN
Develops and leads a yoga program for domestic violence survivors
- Yoga Teacher: Prison Yoga Project
Volunteer instructed in Cook County Juvenile Detention Center
- Darshan Center Special Projects Coordinator
Managed Darshan Center digital communications, updated website content, created newsletter. Consulted with teacher training administration. Produced and managed workshops. Worked teacher training admissions.
- ParaYoga Training Administrator, Special Projects Coordinator
Managed ParaYoga digital communications, staff, merchandise sales, student registration; assisted at teacher trainings; updated website content, created newsletter.
- Three Minute Egg Product Ambassador
Demonstrated and sold yoga props at yoga conferences and studio
- Manduka Product Ambassador
2010 – present
Meditation; acting: playing music; organizing events; biking; thoughtful evolution with humor and love; whistling like a truck driver